WHY WORK FOR WAYS ?
A chance to work for a highly respected organisation with a history of more than 35 years working with the community and providing quality and innovative programs and services that really make a difference in young people and their families lives.
Receive an opportunity to work alongside a dedicated, experienced, innovative and professional team who bring genuine passion and commitment to their work.
Competitive pay and employment conditions including: paid study leave, access to internal and external clinical supervision and a strong commitment to staff professional development.
When applying please consider the following:
* Read the job description and selection criteria carefully
* Provide an up to date resume
* Ensure that you specifically address each of the selection criteria, paying attention to the “essential criteria”
* Provide us with at least two referees including your current or most recent supervisor or line manager
* Ensure that you submit your application by the due date
*Have a look at our website and become familiar with WAYS
13 days ago
The Adolescent and Family Psychologist provides counselling and assessment services to young people aged 9-25 and their families and or significant others. The range of issues addressed include but are not limited to: mental health presentations such as anxiety, anger management, depression, ADHD, alcohol and other drug issues, family and relationship issues, parenting, school refusal and self-esteem issues. This position sits within the WAYS Wellness centre and forms part of a multidisciplinary team of psychologists, social workers, case managers and G.P’s.
SCHADS Award Level will be between Level 4 – Level 5.4 and is dependent on qualifications and experience. We also offer a $16,050 (per annum) tax free salary component meaning more in your take home pay. Please note that our rate of pay is extremely competitive compared with NSW health especially for candidates with 1-3 years experience. You will also benefit from ongoing professional development and a supportive working environment. In addition to the salary offered, WAYS will pay for external clinical supervision and provide in house clinical supervision.
This full time position will be a fixed term contract until the 30th of June 2019.
Ideal applicants for the position will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Psychology
- Current psychologist registration or working towards registration
- Previous experience and a passion for providing counselling and assessment services for young people, parents and their families.
- Experience in writing and facilitating therapeutic and psycho-educational group work programs for young people and parents.
- Experience working with young people presenting with mental health, relationship, drug and alcohol and school related issues.
- A high level of written, oral and interpersonal communication and organisational skills.
- Collaborative approach to problem solving and team work.
- A genuine interest in working in the community sector.
For a position description and selection criteria, please contact Vanessa on 9365 2500 or email@example.com or download it from our website: www.ways.org.au
Applications must address the selection criteria found in the position description. Applications close: February 19th 2018. Start date flexible in March 2018. Application pack can be downloaded by clicking on the PDF button above.