WHY WORK FOR WAYS ?
A chance to work for a highly respected organisation with a history of more than 35 years working with the community and providing quality and innovative programs and services that really make a difference in young people and their families lives.
Receive an opportunity to work alongside a dedicated, experienced, innovative and professional team who bring genuine passion and commitment to their work.
Competitive pay and employment conditions including: paid study leave, access to internal and external clinical supervision and a strong commitment to staff professional development.
When applying please consider the following:
* Read the job description and selection criteria carefully
* Provide an up to date resume
* Ensure that you specifically address each of the selection criteria, paying attention to the “essential criteria”
* Provide us with at least two referees including your current or most recent supervisor or line manager
* Ensure that you submit your application by the due date
*Have a look at our website and become familiar with WAYS
full time high school teacher
23 days ago
WAYS Secondary is a NESA accredited high school based in Bondi Beach. We are a leader in the field of alternative education with a very strong emphasis on student wellbeing. WAYS Secondary is NOT a behaviour school. At WAYS Secondary you will receive ample opportunities for professional development.
We are seeking applicants with:
- Full time position to commence in Term 1 2018.
- Applicants must have the experience and qualifications to teach PDHPE at a Stage 6 level. Applicants must also have the willingness and capacity to teach a range of stage 5 and 6 KLA subjects e.g. Stage 5 Math’s, HSIE, CAFS, Business Services.
- Demonstrated Knowledge and capacity to teach the relevant NESA approved Curriculum.
- Ability to facilitate dynamic and collaborative learning experiences.
- Exemplary classroom practice, utilising a range of effective pedagogies.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills demonstrating an ability to effectively communicate with parents, students and staff.
- Excellent at classroom behaviour management and ability to understand and manage diverse behaviours.
- Capacity to work with a dedicated and passionate team of teaching staff.
Teachers are under the education Education Services Award 2010. Level dependant on teaching experience.
Applications close 08/12/2017. Please call us on 93652500 to request an application package or download one by clicking on the PDF button on this page.
- Applicants must have qualifications and experience teaching relevant subject areas.
- Applicants must be passionate about education and making a difference in the lives of our students.
- Applicants must hold a valid WWWC and NSW current teacher registration.
Casual Youth Worker
1 month ago
WAYS Youth & Family is seeking experienced, reliable and professional casual youth workers to work in the Youth Space.
- 1-3 shifts per fortnight (each shift will be between 3.5-5 hours)
- Supervise and interact with 9-16 year old children
- Cook and prepare afternoon teas
- Basic cleaning and tidying of Youth Space
- Working in a small team
- Supervise excursions and holiday programs
Please send your resume and a cover letter to Ruby firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0423 056 900 for more information.
- Relevant industry qualifications and/or experience (6 months minimum)
- Understanding of NSW child protection policies
- Demonstrated basic cooking skills
- Conflict resolution skills with young people
- First Aid Certificate and skills
- Positive and passionate attitude
- Current Paid Working With Children’s Check
- Australian resident or legally able to work in Australia
Casual WAYS Youth Trainer
1 month ago
Peer Educator- Casual Role
1 month ago
A WAYS Safe Summer (AWSS) is a peer education program for young people run by WAYS Youth & Family. The peer educator role involves conducting outreach to young people regarding health issues affecting young people, such as sexual health, mental health and alcohol and other drugs. Outreach is conducted using a harm minimisation framework, which means sharing information regarding how to make choices that minimise risk to one's’ self without judgment regarding people's decisions or choices. Applications close October 30th.
Ideal for those 15-22 years old.
Type and period of employment:
- Conduct the AWSS outreach in the inner and eastern suburbs of Sydney.
- Supply health information and information packs to young people in these areas.
- Inform young people of services and referral processes and regularly advocate for your peers.
- Attend 4 paid compulsory training sessions
For more information about the role, call WAYS on 9365 2500 and ask to speak with Sapna. To apply, download the application form by clicking on the PDF button on this job.
- Shift work ( typically 4 hours per shift) and casual employment from November 2017 till approximately April 2018
- Hours are as needed, includes weekdays and weekends
- Work hours are NOT during school hours.
- Hourly rate is approximately $30